My Role: Developer
Engine: Visionaire Studio 4
AVAILABLE ON STEAM!
The icehouse, online creators collective, is very pleased to announce a new version of ASA: A Space Adventure by Simon Says: Play!. The game, originally released in January 2013, was greenlit in April 2014 and will be published via Steam as a Remastered Edition, created specifically for the occasion by Simon Mesnard and Andrea Rinaldi. We plan to release ASA: Remastered Edition in February 2015.
ASA: Remastered Edition
In 2057, an astronaut finds a strange Black Cube in Space, and is teleported
onto a mysterious spaceship called the Ark. You soon discover that he’s not the
first astronaut from planet Terra to arrive here: Philip Forte lived through the
very same experience in 2011 and, fortunately, left a diary explaining his story.
With this help, you visit the Ark, with one single goal in mind: getting back home!
ASA: Remastered Edition is a first-person slideshow adventure game made in
tribute to Myst and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Visit a vast spaceship called The Ark,
and discover the truth behind the Cubes… You will face challenging puzzles and
have to solve them on your own. Exploration and discovery are the keywords for
this exotic journey through space. ASA: Remastered Edition is an improved version
of the original game that received good reviews and a warm welcome from point &
click fans in January 2013.
Why make a Remastered Edition?
ASA: Remastered Edition is exactly the same as the original ASA game, except that
we’ve worked on several new features specifically for the Steam release. Despite
our many efforts in the past, the original version had several different issues that
could not be resolved, so we decided to restart from scratch with a new game
Key features of ASA:
– Challenging puzzles, gameplay reminiscent of games like Myst or Rhem
– Varied environments, aboard the Ark and outdoors
– Up to 10 hours of gameplay
– 2 possible endings
– An immersive and cinematographic journey illustrated with several CG
– An original soundtrack by Karreo, composed by Stélian Derenne
– A narrative experience : read the diary of Philip Forte to find clues and help
the storyline evolve.
– New features of Remastered Edition:
– Play in HD 1920×800 (original version was limited to 1024×432)
– Entirely redeveloped with Visionaire Studio by Andy Rinaldi
– More stability
– We’ve added some visual aids to help identify the hotspots
– More inbuilt language translations, no need to patch! (English, French,
Italian, Spanish and German)
– Available for Windows, Mac and Linux
Title: ASA: Remastered Edition
Release: Q1 2015
Available for: Windows, Mac, Linux
Category: Adventure, Point & click, Puzzle
Genre: SciFi, Myst-like
Languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, German